The Mind Behind the Unconquerable Mind
The Unconquerable Mind was started by Dr. Tyler in 2020 with the desire to spread awareness about mental performance training to communities that do not have regular access. Through blending experiential data, academic learning, and focused research, Dr. Tyler developed key approaches to applying mental performance skills to sport, work, performance, and life. These key approaches were tested and evaluated by top performers in the U.S. Military Special Operations community, endurance sports, combat sports, and CrossFit competitions across the United States.
The key foundation to UM is its focus on giving back. The UM, while providing excellent services to athletes, business professionals, and performers, focuses on something bigger—developing individuals beyond their sport/profession. The dream of Dr. Tyler is to give back to those in need and provide support where possible while sharing key skills, knowledge, and ideas to influence future generations.
Currently, the UM gives 100% (after operating costs) to non-profit organizations in order to continue investing in those bringing solutions to communities in need. Dr. Tyler believes that life is too short and the only way to make it worthwhile is to invest in the future generations.
The UM Philosophy
Building a better athlete begins with building a better human. Athletes, teams, coaches, and professionals who work with UM are committed to bettering themselves as well as their skills/profession. Everyone who works with UM is required to do three things:
- Volunteer / Give back in some way (to each of their own ability).
- Give total effort and have ‘buy-in’ rather than just going through the motions. Mental skills are like physical skills where there is only improvement if you are willing to put in the work.
- Journal and work through the weekly journal prompt focused on increasing self-awareness.
What does UM offer?
- Weekly Journal Prompts to help you become more aware of yourself and why you perform the way you do.
- Blog posts covering mental performance skills that you can apply to your sport or art.
- Long-form interviews with coaches, athletes, and performers to learn more about how the mental training changed their performance.
- Individual mental performance coaching services and development plans.
- Mental performance programming for individuals or teams.
- Game-day mental performance support.
- Performance consulting for organizations interested in increasing mental resilience and performance consistency.
- 1-2 day seminars at your gym/school/organization that include physical activity, power point presentations, and open discussions.
Operation RSF is working to increase awareness about the benefits of physical activity to combat symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder while also partnering with gyms and coaches around the world to develop communities of support.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes Endurance
FCA Endurance is the global endurance ministry team of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). FCA-E is a team of runners, triathletes, cyclists, and other endurance sports enthusiasts, united together for a common purpose – to impact the endurance community for Jesus Christ.
I believe that my faith is what drives my purpose in life. It means that I am willing to help anyone, anywhere, from any culture, background, or circumstance without judgment. It means that I believe in you and will give you my utmost effort as if I am supporting a brother or sister because I see everyone as a sibling in Christ.
“Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.”Phillippians 2:3-4